Terms & Conditions
WEB SITE ACCESS 1.1 It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most partsof this Website. [However, particular areas of this Website will only beaccessible only if you have registered.]
SITE UPTIME1.4 All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Websiteis operational al day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues mayresult in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if thiswebsite is unavailable at any time.issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged toprovide such notice.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES1.9 Throughout this Website you may find links to third party websites.The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse thatwebsite. If you visit any website via a link on this Website you do so atyour own risk.1.10 Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do soprovided that the conditions below are observed:(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services orproducts of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and (c) the website from which you link to this Website does not containoffensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes anyintellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.1.11 By linking to this Website in breach of clause 5.2 you shallindemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this Website as a result ofsuch linking.
DISCLAIMER1.12 Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that theinformation on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we donot guarantee that all material is accurate and ,or up to date. 1.13 All material contained on this Website is provided without any orwarranty of any kind. You use the material on this Website at your owndiscretion.
OUR DETAILSOur business's name is: Routesafe Sysystems Ltd trading as Routesafe UK Our business address is: Marlborough House, High Street, Hartley Wintney,Hants, RG27 8NYOur VAT registration is: 985786440
Purchasing terms and conditionsIn these conditions of sale "Routesafe UK" Shall mean Routesafe Sysystems Ltd trading as Routesafe UK "customer"shall mean the purchaser of the goods including all agents, employees,contractors, sub contractors and other persons acting on its behalf underthese conditions the "goods" shall mean the goods referred to in thequotation supplied by Routesafe UK.
1) Scope of contract: The placing of an order by the customer entailsacceptance by him of the following terms and conditions, and no goods shallbe supplied by Routesafe UK , its employees, agents or representatives exceptin accordance therewith. These conditions shall apply in substitution tothe customers purchase (if any) and to the exclusion of all otherconditions unless otherwise agreed in writing by Routesafe UK.
2) Validation and acceptance: Routesafe UK reserves the right to amendany accidental errors and or omissions on quotations at the time ofacceptance of order. Quotations raised by Routesafe UK do not constitute anoffer and Routesafe UK reserves the right to withdraw or amend the same at anytime prior to the acceptance of any order. No binding contract shall comeinto affect until the customers order has been accepted in writing by RoutesafeUK. The uniform laws on export sales are hereby excluded.
3) Price: Routesafe UK reserves the price to allow for any increase incost of labour or materials which may occur before delivery. The price donot include any export duties, tariff payable in respect of the goods, norany costs of insurance relating thereto. Prices are quoted exclusive ofVAT or local taxes except where stated to the contrary.
4) Insurance: Where Routesafe UK insures the goods at its discretion orat the customers request, charges shall be made on the invoice. Routesafe UK'sliability shall be limited to the amount received by Routesafe UK under suchinsurance or the value of the goods whichever is the lesser from whichamount deduction may be made by Routesafe UK in respect of any expensesincurred. Routesafe UK shall be under no liability to effect any insurance inrespect of the goods for any period after the passing of the risk asoutlined in clause 17 below, not withstanding that the title remains withRoutesafe UK.
5) Carriage: Carriage is not included in the price which is quoted exworks. Carriage to the customers premises will be charged as an extra itemif requested by the customer. Insurance charges will be treated in asimilar manner.
6) Destination: Routesafe UK reserves the right to decline or cancelcontracts received where the ultimate destination of the goods is a countrywith which it is not lawful to trade or where that country prohibits suchgoods to be imported.
7) Regulations: The customer in placing an order with Routesafe UK isdeemed to warrant his compliance with every applicable legal or regulationrequirement of any government or other agency and that necessary or permitsrequired in connection with the contract have been lawfully obtained.
8) Consignment: Routesafe UK may make an extra charge if required todispatch the goods in consignment smaller than quoted for.
9) Illustrations and brochures: All descriptive literature andillustrations given are intended as a general guide of the goods describedand none of these shall form part of the contract nor shall any provisioncontained therein be deemed to be a representation warranty term orcondition of or relating to the contract or constitute a collateralcontract. All drawings prepared by Routesafe UK in connection with the goodsand the copyright in such drawings shall remain with Routesafe UK at all times.
10) Specifications: Routesafe UK follows a policy of continual productdevelopment which may be implemented without notice and without effectingthe validity of this contract. Routesafe UK shall not be liable for failure toattain performance figures stated in the contract unless these have beenstated and guaranteed within a specified margin or tolerance.
11) Weights and Measures: Routesafe UK drawings, descriptive matter,weights and dimensions are approximate only unless otherwise guaranteed.
12) Cancellation: Contracts may only be altered or cancelled by thecustomer with the consent of Routesafe UK who shall, on giving such consent, beentitled to invoice the customer for all and any costs incurred or likely tobe incurred as a result of such cancellation.
13) Pre delivery inspection: There shall be no special tests except asprovided for either in Routesafe UK's quotation or in the customers order andif the customer fails after a period of seven days notice to attend or to berepresented at any such tests they may be conducted by Routesafe UK in thecustomers absence, the results of such tests being binding upon thecustomer.
14) Indicated Delivery DatesDelivery dates are estimates based on current stock only. Equipment quoted as in stock will be delivered within 7 days from acknowledgement of order. Special or bespoke items will be have their delivery quoted at order acknowledgement. Routesafe UK shall not be liableto the customer in respect of any non delivery or delay of the goodshowever so caused.
15) Part deliveries: Routesafe UK reserve the right to despatch part ofthe order and the customer shall be invoiced in respect of such delivery inaccordance with the settlement terms set out herein.
16) Date and place of deliveries: Delivery shall be at Routesafe UK'sworks unless otherwise agreed.
17) Risk: The risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on deliveryin accordance with section 16 above.
18) Storage and delayed delivery: If the customer offers no deliveryaddress within 14 days of notification then Routesafe UK shall be entitled tostore the goods at any available place at the customers risk and expense.
19) Property: Ownership of the goods will pass to the customer whenRoutesafe UK has received payment in full.20) Shortage in delivery or damage or loss in transit: Routesafe UK shallin no way be responsible for any breakage or loss of goods in transit, andshall be under no liability to effect any insurance in this respect unlessotherwise agreed. Both the carrier and Routesafe UK must be advised in writingof all shortages in quantity and any breakage's or loss within 3 days ofreceipt of goods. In the event of any goods not reaching the destinationwithin 7 days after the date of the consignment note Routesafe UK must benotified immediately at the completion of this term.
21) Commissioning: The quotation does not include commissioning andinstallation unless expressly stated otherwise. If Routesafe UK are requestedto supply:- Descriptive literature or instructions other than one copy inEnglish for the operation of the equipment, or the services of an engineeron site for the purposes of checking servicing or commissioning extra chargewill be made.
22) Terms of payment: UK Customers: Approved credit account holders: netmonthly without deduction All other accounts are due and payable onpresentation of Routesafe UK's Pro forma invoice. Overseas Customers: Accountsare subject to acceptance of an irrevocable confirmed letter of credit inSterling established in favour of Routesafe UK with its chosen bank.
23) Determination of Non payment: If the customer shall fail to pay aninvoice on its due date in accordance with condition 22 above Routesafe UKshall suspend any performance of this or any contract and shall be entitledto payment for equipment already delivered and equipment in course ofmanufacture.
24) Interest on overdue accounts: Interest on overdue accounts will becharged at 3% over the current UK bank base rate.
25) Overseas sales: In any case where goods are sold CIF or on any otherbasis of any other international trade terms contained in incoterms (1980)such term shall applies if expressly incorporated herein except so far asany part of the same is inconsistent with any of the provisions contained inthese terms.
26) Guarantee: If within a period of (12) months from despatch by RoutesafeUK any defect in materials or fault in manufacture of the goods shall befound to exist or to be reported to Routesafe UK in writing within 14 Days ofsuch defect becoming apparent Routesafe UK will repair or at its option replacethe defective part free of charge provided that:- the goods are returnedcarriage paid to Routesafe UK works this guarantee shall not cover componentsnot manufactured by Routesafe UK whereas outside manufactures warranties willbe offered this guarantee does not cover damage in transit this guarantee doesnot cover damage by misuse and fair wear and tear, or damage which is due tothe fault, act or omission of the customer the goods have been operated inaccordance with Routesafe UK's instructions the goods are maintained servicesand calibrated or repaired in accordance with Routesafe UK specified guidelineseither by Routesafe UK personnel or Routesafe UK trained and approved personnelAll other terms and conditions and warranties implied by statute, common lawor otherwise in relation to the goods are hereby excluded. FurthermoreRoutesafe UK shall be under no liability to the customer for any damage loss ofearnings or injury directly or indirectly, resulting from defectivematerial, faulty workmanship or otherwise arising from or not caused by thenegligence of Routesafe UK, its servants or agents (except for death orpersonal injury arising from Routesafe UK's negligence) Under no circumstancesshall the customer be entitled to reject all or any of the goods on thebasis of any alleged breach of these contract terms by Routesafe UK.
27) Repairs: Goods returned for repair must be sent carriage paid andafter repair or exchange the item will be returned carriage forwarded to thecustomer unless deemed by Routesafe UK to be within the scope of Guarantee orany special terms
28) English Law: The contract shall be governed by and construed andinterpreted in accordance with the laws of England and for the purposes ofthe determination of any dispute arising from or in connection with thecontract. The parties shall hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Englishcourts.
29) Force Majure: Routesafe UK shall not be liable to the customer for anyloss or damage which may be suffered by the customer as a direct orindirect result of Routesafe UK being prevented, hindered, or delayed in themanufacture of the goods by reason of any circumstances whatsoever outsidethe control of Routesafe UK including to but not limited to the generality ofany act of god, riot, strike, lock out, trade dispute or labour disturbanceaccident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire or flood.
30) Variation of conditions: Any variation of these conditions hereincan only be undertake in writing by Routesafe UK board of directors.
31) Non assignment: This contract can not be assigned in whole or inpart to any other person without the written consent of Routesafe UK
32) Default and insolvency: Routesafe UK may in writing to the customerterminate any contract forthwith if:- the customer shall commit any breachof any of the terms herewiththe customer being an individual shall die or have a receiving ordermade against him as company shall call a meeting of its creditors or have areceiver of all or any of its assets appointed or enter into any liquidationor administration. In the event of any termination:- the customer shallforthwith upon demand deliver to Routesafe UK any goods which are in thepossession or control of the customer the property in which remains theproperty of Routesafe UK and in default thereof Routesafe UK shall be entitled torepossess the same in any way possible Routesafe UK shall be entitled bynotice in writing to declare that amounts due are immediately payable andall such amounts shall bear interest from the date of the notice untilactual payment.
33) Headings The headings used in these conditions are for convenienceonly and shall not reflect the construction thereof.